Sign in to follow this  
jasony

What do you prefer - shared, VPS, or server?

A lot of people might prefer VPS - and especially a server, but finances stop them!   However, does a person really need an advanced setup - if their traffic doesn't demand it?  Myself, I like a VPS - cause I like the speed - regardless of whether or not big traffic is coming in.

I prefer having a server on the cloud and use what resources i need thus saving costs, if there is a demand i can increase resources and if no demand i can reduce resources, once i came to cloud servers i never looked back at dedicated or VPS - shared.

• Like 1

I too prefer VPS for speed but also for more flexibility.. I love the fact I can do what I want on it.. install what I want, use what I want.. Shared hosting is very limited. It's also slow. If you want a site to grow, a VPS is the way forward.

I always like to start on a mid-level hosting package and work my way up from there. I'm not wholy technical (I usually launch my sites with someone who tends to be more skilled there) so I can't speak to the ease of doing things myself on VPS's but from a perspective of speed and usability, they certainly do the job for me. However, I only like to start using them once the situation demands it. I'm not one of these people who will blast off into high-end VPS services right off the bat just beause I want to have a shiny VPS underneath my website. It just seems overkill at first anyway.

Shared is an cheaper option for most of us. For starting off or just long term it's cheaper. Regards very big site's with high traffic and big members base then owner your own VPS/server is the best option to go with regards to that as shared hosting can't keep up with the high demand.

There are positive and negatives with most things, VPS you feel more free as you have more control of everything however you need to know what you are doing off. Shared is little easy as you don't have to deal with the deep end of the server as your hosts deals with it.  VPS is more speed and more everything, but lately shared cloud based servers are improving. If you was going with shared based then cloud is the best option as it's more speed and better performance then having an shared server based on one drive.